Bob and Mitch write a novel!

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Chapter Deux

Well, at least I was well received.

I considered searching out the source of the (somewhat derisive) cheers, or perhaps the source of the rather surprising bite on my toe, but I honestly didn't feel up to either enterprise. Instead, I decided to sprawl gracelessly where I fell and collect my thoughts. Presumably they were lying around there somewhere -- maybe they'd find their way back to me if I just stayed still for a while.

Before they could make it back, I felt another bite on my toe. Having learned a lesson from my earlier toe-bit experience, I calmly yelped, jumped to my feet, slammed my head into something, slipped on something gooey, spun around, and fell down. This time, though, I landed on something soft, and somewhat less smelly than my previous spot. (And, all modesty aside, this time I fell much more gracefully than before. Apparently practice does help.)

My landing spot cussed and pushed me aside. The good spots are always pushy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home