Bob and Mitch write a novel!

Friday, January 07, 2005

Chapter THREE! (better late than never, eh?)

My first thought on waking up was that maybe I shouldn't.

Waking up again, some time later, I felt almost terrible. As far as I could tell, I seemed to be in some sort of bed, or maybe one of those cot things that they have in rustic cabins in the woods. It seemed like a bed that you'd find in the kind of place that charges a lot of money to make you feel like you don't have any.

Perhaps I'm at some kind of mountain retreat. Most likely it's some kind of leadership building exercise, and any moment someone will tell me to climb ropes with my coworkers, presumably somehow causing us to sell more insurance or...

or.....

or whatever it is that my coworkers and I do.

I tried to think about work, but it's not generally a pleasant thing to think about even when your head isn't swathed in bandages and so I stopped.

Or a hospital! A hospital is another place that has beds like this! Also a place where heads get swathed in bandages!

This revelation left me feeling like I had accomplished something, and feeling bolder, I turned my head to look around and saw what was easily the most heavily fortified hospital I'd ever seen. Almost looked like a jail.

So. Taking stock. I have: 1 orange shirt, 1 pair of orange pants, 1 cot-thing, and no idea what's going on. Well, surely a doctor would come by and bring me up to speed when I was good and ready – in the meantime, it seemed like a good idea to go back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home